Amir Ramsis resigned from the Management Committee (MC) on 26th December 2021. The MC wish to thank Amir for his many years of service, including his 8 years as President, and wish him well with all his future endeavours.
This leaves a vacant position on the MC. We will therefore run an election, firstly asking Members for nominations, then following with a Council vote should we get more than one candidate.
If you are interested in helping to run the WCF, please contact your governing body and they will explain in full what is required for your nomination. Applicants from RCOs are welcomed but you need to be aware that you must be nominated by a Full or Associate Member.
Nominations are required into the WCF by Sunday 13th February 2022 at the latest, so please allow time to liaise with your nominating Member so that they have time to process your application.
I am happy to talk to anybody who wishes to discuss what is involved.
Terms of Reference for the Management Committee
The MC shall settle urgent questions and have general administrative powers to carry out the work of the WCF and manage its financial affairs on a day-to-day basis, subject to the direction of Council. The role includes condensing issues into a manageable size in order to facilitate Council considering them efficiently and in reasonable timeframes. Its terms of reference are:
- To implement policy and actions in pursuit of the agreed direction given by Council.
- To present to Council an annual plan for the following year including a budget.
- To manage the operating funds according to the budget.
- To inform Council regularly of progress, activity and issues.
- To prepare proposals and make recommendations as part of formal Consultations to Council.
- To distribute to relevant sub-committees the tasks they are to execute, to oversee their activity, to take decisions concerning the reports of these sub-committees, and to forward them to Council.
- To present to Council recommendations for the admission, the striking off the rolls, or expelling of Members, as well as for any sanctions which might be imposed.
- To monitor the Statutes with a view to identifying possible improvements for proposal to Council.
- To maintain and approve all WCF Regulations, subject to ratification by Council.
- To manage a rolling 10 Year Schedule of events, to solicit bids against this plan once approved by Council, to assess bids and reach formal agreement with the host Member, and to ensure the event is organised according to Statutes and Regulations.
- To publish the International Sporting Calendar for the year(s) ahead.
- To gain Council approval for any novel event types not already included in an approved 10 Year Championship Schedule, before soliciting bids.
- To promptly alert Council should the MC consider that the sporting interests of the WCF are not adequately defended in a particular territory.
- To appoint or dismiss the Secretary-General.