The closing date for Members to nominate players for their Membership places was end of 14th March 2023 (UK time).
At time of publishing there are three outstanding places to resolve:
- 14th March - Jana Mohamed Saaid, in receipt of a Ranking Place withdrew and was replaced by Manal Khodier, representing Egypt, who was top of the Replacement Ranking List (RRL). She had previously been one of Egypt's Member Place nominees. Egypt have 14 days to replace her or the place will be released to the RRL.
- As at the closing date, one member released their place. I am currently liaising with the top player on the RRL to see if she wishes to play. 18.3.23 Update - Dallas Cooke, New Zealand, has accepted the place.
- Vanesa Fernandez, selected to represent Mexico, is listed in the Rankings as from USA. This has been queried with Vanesa and Mexico. 18.3.23 Vanesa has confirmed she meets the criteria and wishes to represent Mexico.
The file below shows the current players in receipt of a Membership Place, Wild card place or Ranking Place.
Breakdown of Places and Player List as at end 14th March 2023
Replacement Ranking List 15.3.23
There are four places remaining which will be awarded to the qualifiers from the Qualification Event. This will take place between 3-5 August 2023 at the Eastbourne Croquet Club in East Sussex. It will be open to 20 players. Entry is via the English CA online Fixtures Entry system, full details can be found here: GC Women's Qualifier - how to enter
The entry fee of £136 per entrant is now requested and must be paid by 16th April 2023.
Per WCF Sports Regulations Appendix 2, clause 6, players who fail to pay by the due date will lose their place. The relevant sections of the regulation are below for your information:
6.1 Subject to paragraph 6.2, failure to pay the entry fee by the due date will lead to automatic disqualification and the place will be filled in accordance with paragraph 7.
6.2 Before disqualifying a player for failing to pay their entry fee on time, at least two reminders must have been sent to the Member which nominated the player and all reasonable efforts must have been made to contact the player directly.
All players who can pay by bank transfer are encouraged to do so. This avoids the WCF incurring costly PayPal fees. Players should be notified how to pay via bank transfer by their Member.
If unable to pay in this way, you can pay by PayPal, details for which can be found on the link below:
How to pay your entry fees by PayPal
The following information is required from all the above competing players by 14th April 2023 (or sooner please if available).
- A recent well-lit photograph (ideally headshot)
- 150-250 words of biographical details
- Contact email and mobile phone numbers for during the event (for use by the Tournament Manager
Please send this information online via Google Forms. Please click on this link: Enter your Player Information here
Please note, the photo and bio may be published on the event website and on the WCF website. Players should expect some live streaming and the press may be present taking photographs. Players should note that their results will be published on Croquet Scores. The contact details will be held by the WCF S-G and Tournament Manager for use during the event.
If for any reason a player cannot now take up their place, please notify me as soon as possible so that a replacement can be found. Per the Sports Regulations, the following process is followed in the event of a withdrawal:
Players who have received a Membership Place: when a player withdraws, the Member has 14 days to nominate a replacement; if no player is nominated a Replacement Ranking Place is awarded. If the 14 days expires before the Qualifier closing date of 19th July 2023 the place becomes an extra qualifier from the Qualification tournament.
Withdrawal by a player who received a Ranking or Wild Card place: when a player withdraws, if this is before the cut-off date of 22nd June 2023, then the next most highly ranked player on the Replacement Ranking list at the end of that day will be offered the place. After the cut-off date, the place becomes an extra qualifier from the Qualification tournament.
After the Qualifier Closing date, all withdrawals from the main event become extra qualifiers from the Qualification tournament.
Further details will be published on the WCF website and on the Championship website over the coming weeks.